Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New blog for figures

A work colleague wrinkled his nose as he peered at my paintings.
"This is certainly not office friendly," commented pointing at one of my figures study paintings.
On the screen in front of him was a beautiful model in a complete state of undress... "and I won't show this to my mother either," he continued.

He's view may initially be taken as prudish, but it's not about him, it's about what other people think as they walk past his desk... what are they thinking about him?

I've decided to move all my figure study paintings away from this blog and onto a new site dedicated to figure study paintings.

I created the figure study blog ages ago then abandoned it favoring this site instead.

Figure study is an important part of art and an artist's development in his/her skill, so it is still an important part of my weekly schedule.

So this blog will be reserved for clothed figures, cats, vegetables, old paint tubes and anything else that begs to be painted.

For the figures go to http://500nudes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

 
Online Marketing