Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Waiting at the station - oil painting by Stephen Scott

Waiting for the train - oil on board - Stephen Scott
Publish Post
Waiting for the Train
Oil on Board
21cm x 25 cm

This is another composite picture... a week ago I did a quick sketch while waiting for the train at Claremont station. The sketch was of a man dressed in blue, sitting on a bench, in the background was the shadow of the overhead walkway.

It was a < 1 minute sketch, but I liked the composition so I did a warm-up painting using the sketch as a reference - a quick 10min painting which concentrated on tone and without pretending to be a real painting. I wished that I had had a camera with me...

Then I went to Karin Jurick's blog - the latest image was so similar that I just had to use it to fill the void left by not having a camera with me.

See paintings from the other artists for the challenge at DSDF.

10 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Beautiful warm painting, love the addition of the bench and I appreciate you turning the figure in the opposite direction from what was provided. Well done.

Carol Horzempa said...

You have beautiful work on you blog! I really love your rendition of the DSFDF challenge. The bench look great and I love your colors! Great job.

Coffee and Carmex. ☕️ said...

This is just great. Such a nice feel.

rups said...

nice painting. a deep feelings are there. i like it .

Ann said...

Popped over real quick to take a closer look at "Waiting at the Station" ~ which I love ~ and spent the next hour enjoying your other works, as well as your other blog!

Kathleen Harrington said...

You got the mass of this figure - the way he slumps a bit but is still so substantial.

Ann Rogers said...

What a nice "flip" to the original photo...with the great addition of the bench. You really do have some wonderful figurative pieces on your blog.

sonja moser said...

i like your paintings a lot. luscious brushstrokes and so painterly.

Glenda Mosher said...

I love the painterly feel to this work! Lots of emotion here.

dominique eichi said...

great light

 
Online Marketing